A Super Sunday to MODI’fy the Nation : Happy Birthday P.M. Narendra Modi!!!
It’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Birthday today. His fans and followers around the world including Bollywood stars are sending him wishes on his big day. Celebrities have used words like ‘honest’, ‘selfless’, ‘hard working’ and ‘dynamic’ to describe PM Narendra Modi, who is celebrating his 67th birthday today.
About Narendra Damodardas Modi
Narendra Modi, today everyone around the world, knows him, as the current Prime Minister of India. He is the most prominent leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) & is considered as a master strategist for his party. He has been the Chief Minister of Gujarat for four consecutive terms.
Family and Personal Background of Narendra Modi
Narendra Damodardas Modi was born in a town called Vadnagar in Mehsana district of Gujarat. He was born on 17th September, 1950 to Damodardas Mulchand Modi and Heeraben Modi. The couple had six children among which Narendra Modi was the third eldest.
Modi completed his studies against all odds. His saga of struggle began when was a teenager. He along with his brother, used to run a tea stall near a railway station in Ahmedabad. He did his schooling from Vadnagar and obtained a master’s degree in Political Science from Gujarat University. School teachers used to describe him as an average student but a brilliant debator. During his college days, he worked as a ‘pracharak’ (promoter) of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). He left home at the age of 17 years and traveled across the country for the next two years.
At a later stage, during the 1990s, when Modi served as the official spokesperson of the BJP in New Delhi, he completed a three-month long course in the US on public relations and image management.
One of his brothers, Somabhai, is a retired health officer who now runs an old age home in the city of Ahmedabad. Another of his brothers, Prahlad, an activist, has his own fair-price shop in Ahmedabad. His third brother Pankaj is employed with the Information Department in Gandhinagar.
Political Career of Narendra Modi
Became the General Secretary of the BJP’s Gujarat unit in 1988.
Recognised as a key strategist for being instrumental in successfully campaigning for the party in the 1995 and 1998 Gujarat Assembly elections, which made the BJP the ruling party in Gujarat.
Successfully organised two challenging events on national level:
- The Somnath to Ayodhya Rath Yatra, which was a long march by L. K. Advani
- March from Kanyakumari (southern tip of India) to Kashmir (the northern tip) undertaken by Murli Manohar Joshi.
These two events are considered as the contribution in bringing the BJP to power in 1998.
In 1995, Narendra Modi was appointed as the Secretary of the BJP’s National Unit.
Narendra Modi was credited for having successfully carried out the responsibility of revamping the party organisation in different states.
In 1998, Narendra Modi was promoted as General Secretary and held the position till October 2001.
Narendra Modi became the Chief Minister of the state of Gujarat for the first time in October 2001 when his predecessor Keshubhai Patel resigned from the post following the defeat of BJP in by-elections.
After winning the Gujarat Assembly elections three consecutive times and holding the position of the state’s chief minister, Modi ji contested the 2014 Lok Sabha elections for the first time. It was because of Narendra Modi’s influence, BJP won the elections by a grand margin and he became the Prime Minister of India.
Schemes Launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (for financial inclusion)
- Swachch Bharat Mission (for clean public places and better sanitation facilities)
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (provision of LPG to families living BPL)
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (efficiency in irrigation)
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (insurance against crop failure)
- Pahal (LPG subsidy)
- Mudra Bank Yojana (banking services for Medium and Small Enterprises)
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (to provide skill training to the young workforce)
- Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (to strengthen rural infrastructure)
- Make in India (to boost the manufacturing sector)
- Garib Kalyan Yojana (address welfare needs of the poor)
- E-basta (online learning forum)
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (financial empowerment of the girl child)
- Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat (to enhance children’s reading, writing and mathematical skills)
- DDU-Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (vocational training to the rural youth as part of ‘Skill India’ mission)
- Nayi Manzil Yojana (skills based training to Madrasa students)
- Stand Up India (support to women and SC/ST entrepreneurs)
- Atal Pension Scheme (pension scheme for unorganised sector employees)
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (insurance against accident)
- Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (life insurance)
- Sagar Mala Project (for developing port infrastructure)
- Smart Cities Project (building urban infrastructure)
- Rurban Mission (modern facilities in villages)
- Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana (affordable housing for all)
- Jan Aushadhi Scheme (provision for affordable medicines)
- Digital India (for a digitally equipped nation and economy)
- Digilocker (securing documents online)
- School Nursery Yojana (afforestation program by and for young citizens)
- Gold Monetisation Scheme (involve gold stocks lying idle in households in the economy)
Lets wish the most influential, greatest, magnificent leader of all time, our Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi a very happy Birthday and we wish him for his good health. We are very fortunate to have a courageous leader like you who is bringing india to the next level in every possible way.